Saturday, August 29, 2009

- Plug N Play -

Be patient with life, despite its cruelty.
Often it seems careless of our pain,
But just as often brings us hope again.

 
Remember, I wanted happiness for you.
Under every foolish word this still was true.
Be happy, then, without, as you would with me.
In your life many sweet events remain.
Not in anguish, but in joy remember me.

I want you back now that you're gone.
My heart's a pit no love can fill.
I stumble through my days of stone
Bereft of joy, bereft of will.

 
I could not tell myself I loved
You as I did for fear of pain.
Far easier not to be moved,
Than moved to love, and hurt again.

 
How stupid! I loved anyway,
And now the blame is all my own.
Please rescue me, this torture stay,
And for my sin I will atone.
 I didn't get a chance to say I love you.
You were gone before we got that far.
All I know is now I really need you,
Yet when I look for you, you aren't there.

 
You said once that you never would forget me,
Yet how am I to know without you here?
Such emptiness! Like what I feel within me:
Neither flesh nor tears, just cold thin air.
 
Sometimes, alone, I feel your arms around me,
And all my need for you spills out in pain.
Jagged memories of you surround me.
I cannot think I won't see you again.

1 comment:

shootout